What is Love?


What Is Love? 


Director, Interviewer, videographer: Nisha Haq
Featuring: Mahfuza Murshed, Tanzir Haq, Robert Henderson, Ruby Haq

Created as my submission piece for my 2nd year module on Moving Image in BA Photography at Southampton Solent University.

Interviewing people close to me, I wanted to explore what 'love' is and it's meaning, in particular, romantic love and relationships. Being in love myself, I want to create a talking point. Love can be depicted in its stereotypical ways seen in cinema and as abusive in the media however I don't feel there has been much art focused on conversing about the concept of love in a simple straight-forward way.

Inspired by video/film portraits using photographic composition (I used my simple Canon 550d, a tripod and 50mm f/1.4 lens as my set up), and screen tests, I wanted to expand the 'boundaries' of the still image and to fuse this with interview documentary creating video art.